Perfectly proportioned cheesecakes with a white chocolate chip cookie base.
Thursdays: my one day off a week. My one day to have my oven turned on the entire day and bake until my kitchen looks like a bakery.
Why do I do this to myself? Well, this way I can get 3 months off for the summer. 3 months of making ice cream, travelling the world and spending days at home in my pajamas. Sounds like the dream.
But there are 3 more weeks of school left. And I am already planning on what to bake my students on the last day to celebrate. Luckily, none of my students have any allergies or food sensitivities, so I can go nuts with my ideas. Peanut butter chocolate chip cupcakes? Nutella filled cupcakes?
Or these white chocolate cheesecake cookie cups! With sprinkles to make it festive of course.
I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago, and gave some to my landlord to have someone other than myself as a taste tester.
She loved them! She told me that they are the best things that I have made for her. She even requested more, and I happily obliged. Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing someone else enjoying a dessert I made. She said it is best with a cup of coffee.
Also, she complimented my efforts in making them look "rustic". Even though that was not what was going for at all, I appreciate the compliment.
White Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Cups with Sprinkles
What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla, and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully combined. Fold in the white chocolate.
- Scoop 1.5 Tablespoons of cookie dough into the prepared muffin pans, and pack it in. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, white sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Scoop 1 Tablespoon of cheesecake mixture on each cookie cup, and continue to bake for around 18 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction