I think I have eaten more food this summer than I usually do in a year.
I mean, when I went to Mexico, I had a buffet meal for every meal. This lasted 2 weeks. Now that I’m back, it seems like I’m going to return to that habit.
You see, last night, I went to a buffet with a large group. And what does everyone do at buffets? Makes sure they get their moneys worth of food, right? What does that entail? Well, at least 2 large , heaping plates of food, then of course, at least 2 plates of dessert.
All that food made me so full, I went into a deep food sleep, and woke up 2 hours later than I normally do.
That whole over eating and waking up late ordeal reminded me of Christmas. So, since I was already in the mood, I made some gingerbread pancakes. I was originally thinking of making gingerbread cookies, but I have made lots of cookies recently.
These pancakes were like Christmas in a little circular, fluffy package. I will definitely remember these babies come December.
Whole Wheat Gingerbread Pancakes
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, and flip when bubbles
are covering the surface of the pancake. Cook the other side
until it is golden.