Fudgy and chocolatey Nutella brownies with dulce de leche swirled on top.
Hello favourite dessert EVER!
Hey! How have you been? I don't think I can remember a time where I was more busy then I am right now. I guess this is why there is a very high burnout rate for teachers. But I am loving every second of it!
Now my first class doesn't start until later (which means at 10), so I am making the most of my morning by baking! Best wake me up ever.
I started with my favourite nutella brownies - which I make at least once a month - but then thought, how about I swirl the remainder of my dulce de leche on top?
Best. Idea. Ever.
I mean look at those swirls ^^. How gorgeous is that?
Oh wait. I just took it out of the oven. Now it looks like this:
But don't let appearances deceive you. These brownies are something you don't want to miss!
I am very particular about my brownies. I will flat out refuse a dry brownie, unless you can top it with all the ice cream. If it's too chewy, you won't see me going for a second. But once you get the right combination of fudgyness and chew (and taste, obvs) then you have reached brownie heaven! And these brownies are pretty close to what I would call pure perfection. If only they looked better...
As you can see, I absolutely needed a bite shot. I don't mind biting into a brownie in exchange for a photo.
...Did I say one single brownie? I meant 8.
Nutella Dulce de Leche Brownies
What you'll need:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cup nutella
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salt and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the Nutella, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Alternate between adding the flour and the butter into the Nutella mixture, and blend until fully combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Drop tablespoons of the dulce de leche over the brownies. Using a knife, carefully swirl the dulce de leche into the brownie mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a couple of crumbs.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for about an hour.