Well hello there! I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, but I have been so busy lately, that I barely have time to sleep. Barely had time to sleep means that I’m getting maybe 2-3 hours a night. This can’t be good.
I’m usually really good at hiding how little I’ve slept. That is, until a couple of days ago. I’m in first class of the morning, waiting for it to start when my friend arrives and says “wow, you look like a mess.” Even though I was happy for his honesty, that is hardly something a girl wants to hear first think in the morning.
It feels like I’m drowning in work, but I can almost see the end. As soon as I have my final midterm of the term and finish my huge project (which I asked for an extension on, but I’m not even sure if I can finish it by the new date either) I will feel a huge weight lifted from my chest. Then I can start looking after myself. Maybe I’ll get some sleep.
But I was having a mini panic attack the other day when I realized I haven’t baked in a couple of days. Whenever anyone hears about my problem, they are always thinking I mean that I haven’t GOTTEN baked in that long. But no, my addiction is not pot, it is making cookies, cakes, pies and, yes, you guessed it..
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salt and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the Nutella, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Alternate between adding the flour and the butter into the Nutella mixture, and blend until fully combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a couple of crumbs.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for about an hour.