These apple pie crescent rolls are so easy to make! With only 5 ingredients, you can whip this recipe up in less than 30 minutes.
Recently, whenever I see a sale on refrigerated crescent rolls, I fill my basket with them. But before last year, I have never found a reason to buy them.
Why the sudden change in heart? Well firstly, I am so busy with work that I barely have time to cook or bake anything anymore. And secondly, making breakfast and dessert recipes using refrigerated crescent rolls is so easy and basically no-fail, why would I deprive myself of this simple pleasure?
But after making my strawberry raspberry cream cheese danishes and my nutella crescent rolls countless times, I decided it was time for something new. And since I bought a lot of apples on my last shopping trip (as is my style), I knew that the two needed to be combined to make something great.
And it truly didn't disappoint. You are 5 ingredients and 30 minutes away to having these crescent rolls sitting on your table, ready to be scarfed down. And believe me, in the 12ish minutes that these are in the oven, you will be wishing they were ready sooner. They fill the house with an apple cinnamon scent that is better than any scented candle on the market.
Even though March break is quickly approaching for us teachers - which, let me tell you is hardly a break when I think of all the tests and assignments I need to mark, and the lesson plans I need to write - I still want to have the option of making quick and easy breakfasts that aren't cereal.
These apple pie crescent rolls will be a staple in my kitchen whenever I want bakery style crescent rolls without the bakery style price.
Apple Pie Crescent Rolls
What you'll need:
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the cresent rolls onto the baking sheet, separating them into 8 triangles.
- Brush each of the triangles with butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Place an apple piece at the base of the triangle, and roll to form the crescent rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until the tops are brown.
Adapted from Typically Simple