If my goal for the New Year was to be making a whole bunch of banana recipes, then I am killing it.
First my caramelized banana baked oatmeal, now this. What banana recipes should I make next? Oh, the possibilities.
The thing is, I LOVE banana bread. My boyfriend is always complaining that I should just make normal banana bread. Why do I need to make freaky experimental banana bread?
But to be fair, before this banana bread came to existence in our kitchen, I made a really bad banana bread. (Too embarrassed to show the pictures..at the moment..) It didn’t rise, and it was mushy and soggy and… ugh. I don’t even want to think about it. So obviously he was wary of this new banana bread.
But when it looks and smells this good? How can you question it??
I am actually surprised that I didn’t make peanut butter banana bread before. I mean, I have made peanut butter banana bread with peanut butter glaze and peanut butter cup banana bread before, but not plain old peanut butter banana bread.
It was SO worth the wait. Should I make this a New Years tradition? New banana bread recipe to bring in the New Year?
Nah, that will probably be my new MONTH tradition. I think I will be off to the grocery store to buy some more bananas so that they can brown for next month…
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 350°F. Grease and a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and peanut butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs on slow speed until blended then add bananas and yogurt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until just combined, then pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Let the loaf cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn onto cooling rack. to cool completely.