Super simple apple pie made grown up with the addition of brie.
Happy weekend all!
How was your week? Did you dress up for Halloween? Did you get time to relax, or was it all work, work, work?
I took the night off working on Monday to watch horror movies and eat enough candy to fill a vending machine. Night off really means only staying 1.5 hours after school to help students and mark tests and that is IT. This is instead of my regular 2-3 hours extra after school, then returning home to do more lesson planning and PowerPoint making.
But this is my week to relax. I have got the week off next week, so I will be making the most of it.
First item on my list: sleep.
I got that covered last night when I slept for a whopping 12 hours. I think I was making up for the past few months in one night. And let me tell you, it was glorious.
Second thing on my list: bake a pie.
Since I am still in relax mode, and actually making pie crust where you need to roll it out etc. makes me CRAZY, I have opted to use my easy pie crust recipe. This pie crust seriously only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Then you can top it with whatever ingredients you like and bake it.
My favourite thing ever.
And since I am obsessed with all things apple and fall right now, I obviously needed to fill my pie crust with apples. And since I had some brie kicking around, why not try that combo out?
Let me tell you, this is a recipe that you do not want to miss. The brie compliments the apple perfectly, and all wrapped up in an easy to make pie crust? Just lovely! And if you don't want to make the 10 minute pie crust, you can buy a store bought one.
Sunday brunch anyone?
Brie and Apple Pie
What you'll need:
- 1 pie crust (homemade or storebought)
- 125g brie
- 6 apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter Crumble:
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the brie on the bottom of the pie crust. (I left the rind on). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the filling ingredients until fully combined. Spread the apple mixture evenly over your pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter crumble ingredients until the mixture looks like medium to small crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.