Need a quick and easy weeknight meal? These tuna jalapeno enchiladas will make your night so much easier!
Is it just me, or do you get way less work done on your day off?
I had my first day off today in.. I can't even say how long, and all I was doing was browsing ebay and amazon, making impulse buys. And half of them weren't even Christmas presents!
I had all of these grand plans for what to do with the day. Maybe go to the gym. Get my hair cut. Work on some lesson plans and create tests for next week. But suddenly, it was dinner time and I was hungry and was wondering where the time has gone.
Turns out, even on my days off, I want a quick and easy meal to make for dinner. And I am sick to death of pasta every night.
Enchiladas might just be my new go-to easy weeknight meal! Just stuff a tortilla with whatever you have on hand, top it with cheese and sauce (or in my case, salsa), and boom! Instant dinner!
If you don't like things too spicy, maybe use a mild salsa, or opt out of the jalapenos. But since me and my boyfriend adore spicy food, we put salsa and jalapenos on everything. Biscuits, pretzels, quinoa and my personal favorite, pizza! Putting it in enchiladas is only natural!
And now I have something to bring for lunch tomorrow. Score!
Tuna Jalapeno Enchiladas
What you'll need:
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup prepared salsa, divided
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- In a skillet, mix together the tuna, 1 cup mozzarella, and 2/3 cups salsa and the jalapeno. Heat on high for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into the tortillas, roll them up and place side by side in an 8x8 baking sheet.
- Top with the remaining salsa and cheese. Place under a broiler for around 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.