I love mornings. Love, love love. I’m one of those jerks who doesn’t need coffee in the morning, and gets up at 6AM on weekends. (I know, you’re jealous, right?)
Yesterday I actually slept more than I ever had before (that can
remember at least). I decided to try to take a nap at 5 because my eyes
were dragging me down, and I was lying on my bed anyways (note to self:
stop doing homework while lying in bed).
This was weird for me for 2 reasons:
1) I never get tired that early and
2) I never take naps.
Next thing I know, it’s 3AM! So much for a nap.
But the thing about me is, once I wake up, there is no way I can fall back asleep. It’s just impossible. So since I was up so early, I decided to make some pancakes.
Breakfast is a special time for me. It combines my love of mornings with my love of sweet things. No other time of the day can you play some dessert as a meal. Not saying I don’t do that anyways, I’m just saying this way is more socially accepted.
This is a really unique kind of pancake. Instead of mashing the bananas, I cut them into coins, just to remind anyone who is eating the pancakes that there is banana in there. It almost feels barbaric how chunky these pancakes are, but barbaric in the most delicious way imaginable.
Chocolate Chip Banana Pecan Pancakes
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, diced
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing until fully combined. Fold in the bananas, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking
spray. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, and flip when bubbles
are covering the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook the other side
until it is golden.