Deliciously moist chocolate cupcakes topped with rich chocolate frosting.
New year, new you. ...And yet I am still making desserts packed with sugar. What is wrong with me??
To be fair, I am still on holiday. My first day of school isn't until the 9th, and PLUS there is orthodox Christmas that I need to consider. So I will start my new year of eating healthier after those festivities.
I mean.. I can always hope I will follow through on my goals. In the meantime, CUPCAKES!
I always think long and hard when making cupcake. What base should I have? What flavour frosting should I have? And even though I am a chocoholic, I have never thought to top chocolate with chocolate.
Even though that is one of the most basic of basic cupcakes.
Yeah. Great creative start to the New Year.
But you can't beat a classic, am I right? These cupcakes are so moist with the perfect amount of sweetness inthe frosting. And it is peanut free, which means they are safe to take to school, work, the subway.. wherever you end up going this week.
So let's see how many desserts I can make before my holiday is over. Then you will be seeing a lot more health conscious foods.
That is, until February rolls around. I have no self control when it comes to desserts...
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
What you'll need:
- 1 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and the egg. Add in the vanilla, milk and butter until fully combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Frosting: In a medium bowl, mix together the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pipe the frosting on top of cooled cupcakes.