Super easy cinnamon twists made with refrigerated crescent rolls.
Can I cover my whole life in cinnamon sugar?
Hi! How are you? Can you believe there is only 31 more days until Christmas? Where has the time gone??
For all my American friends out there, I am sure you have all been focused solely on Thanksgiving. I have been living vicariously through the delicious turkey and cranberry creations y'all are making. As I have been too busy to even sleep, I can't be making any additional Thanksgiving themed posts. Boo.
BUT, I can give you quick and easy dessert (or breakfast) ideas. Because quick and easy is what I'm all about.
And there is nothing I like more than cinnamon sugar. Except for maybe chocolate.
But since it is still technically fall - even though the weather doesn't seem to agree - I am trying to encorporate cinnamon sugar into everything I make. Be warned. There are more cinnamon sugar recipes in the cue to post. So keep your eyes peeled.
So for all of you out there trying to plan an elaborate Thanksgiving meal but neglected to prepare anything for dessert (or breakfast), these cinnamon twists are right up your alley.
In less than 20 minutes, you can have these done from start to finish and on your plate ready to eat. Thanksgiving miracle? I think so.
Easy Cinnamon Twists
What you'll need:
- 1 (8 oz) can crescent rolls
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
What you'll need:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls, and lay them on the baking sheet in 4 rectangles. Make sure to press the two triangles together to form the rectangles.
- Spread the butter evenly over only 2 of the rectangles.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on the 2 buttered rectangles.
- Place the non buttered rectangles on top of the buttered and cinnamon sugared ones. Cut into 6 even strips.
- Twist each strip a couple of times, then place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.