This Sausage and Bell Pepper Omelette is start to the day! With both green and red peppers, and oozing with cheese, it is guaranteed to keep you satisfied until lunch.
It's Friday y'all! How was your week? Did you survive? Are you about to take a celebratory drink for making it through this week?
Speaking of which, I can't believe it is already October. Where did the time go?? And how have I not made a pumpkin recipe yet??
To top all this craziness off, I have two savory recipes in a row?? What is this nonsense??
Well, my landlord just got a roommate who is in culinary school. And she is given all of these assignments to bake. Cookies, souffles, cakes.... and the crazy thing is, both my landlord and her roommate hate sweet food. So.. we are gifted with all of these treats.
So to balance all of this sugar off, I have been eating actual savory meals for breakfast. As in, not my usual dessert pretending to be breakfast.
And whenever I try to make a savory breakfast, my go-to is an omelette. In fact, my go-to breakfast to order in a restaurant is an omelette. There are just so many delicious combinations that I can't resist! Especially with ones that have cheese oozing out every which way.
Did I ever mention that I love cheese?
I am definitely going to make this again on the weekend. It is the perfect brunch idea! In fact, it is also a perfect breakfast-for-dinner idea. Maybe later on today? I won't object!
Sausage and Bell Pepper Omelette
What you'll need:
- 1/2 Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the sausage in a skillet on medium heat until cooked, around 3-5 minutes. Cook the bell peppers for around 2 minutes in the grease.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over the skillet, and tilt the pan until the egg mixture is evenly distributed. Cook until the egg mixture holds together. Flip and sprinkle the cheese on top until melted, around 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and enjoy!
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: