This buttery and flaky apple pie is so easy to make, and tastes just like home!
As promised, a pie recipe using my easy pie crust recipe.
So with the super easy pie crust recipe comes a super easy pie recipe! Seriously, the hardest part about this recipe is peeling and slicing the apples.
And yes, I do know that I am using apples way out of season, but I have also made a strawberry pie... which I will post later this week (stay tuned!)
But until then, I will be using the huge load of apples that I bought last week. And pie, in my opinion, is the best way to use any excess fruit you have lying around.
I kid you not, this pie would work as a "love potion" of sorts. Give a slice of this pie to anyone, and I dare them to not fall in love with it. Or you. Or at the very least not ask you for the recipe.
And it is so easy too!! When I think pie, I usually think about having to dedicate a good half of my day to the process. This pie? It takes maybe a little over an hour, but 45 minutes of that time is just the pie sitting in the oven! Your work is over in around 15 minutes!
I think the rest of my summer will be spent experimenting with pie recipes using this pie crust. Any suggestions on what other pies I should bake would be fabulous!
Butter Crumble Apple Pie
What you'll need:
- 1 pie crust (homemade or storebought)
- 6 apples (preferably Granny Smith) peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the filling ingredients until fully combined. Spread the apple mixture evenly over your pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter crumble ingredients until the mixture looks like medium to small crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown