What do you make on a weekday night when you come home late and have close to no ingredients in your house?
No seriously, I want to know. I need ideas! And not ideas like "order a pizza". I have already become the master of that idea.
This recipe has been a staple at my house for the past couple of weeks. 4 ingredients, and ready in 30 minutes, you can have a delicious, satisfying meal in less time than it takes you to watch your favorite TV show.
I will never go hungry on a weekday again! And this time, it's NOT because of the ordered in pizza!
Easy Mustard Chicken
What you'll need:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Dry the chicken on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, salt and pepper until fully combined.
- Spread mustard in a thin layer on the top of the chicken. Dip the chicken into the bread crumbs mustard side down. Paint the other side of the chicken with mustard and flip to coat with breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
Adapted from Kitchme
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: