Asparagus fries make the perfect appetiser to any meal. Baked, and covered in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Made with only 5 ingredients, and super addicting.
I almost feel guilty about writing a post right now when I should be doing work.
But these asparagus fries are so good, I can't help but share them! They are so easy to make, I can make them in between grading papers. Which are due tomorrow, and I still have 4 to go. They are looking longer and longer every time I pick them up.
But back to this asparagus. You can barely call them fries because of how much better for you they are then any of the deep fried potatoes you would get at your typical restaurant.
And they are baked. Um, hello? That is basically the only way I will eat my asparagus because of how good it tastes. Have you tried asparagus baked? If you haven't, this should be your #1 priority.
Or an appetiser idea to bookmark for Easter. Just saying.
Also, can you believe this is made with only 5 ingredients? One being asparagus and the other 4 ingredients you probably have on hand: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Can you think of a better combo?
Now I am mega craving this asparagus. We scarfed it down last night. Honestly, I barely had time to take the photos. I promise, if you make this recipe, there will be no leftovers.
So here's the deal. You go make these right now while I go mark the rest of my papers? Deal? Okay, wish me luck!
Baked Asparagus Fries
What you'll need:
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Put the flour and asparagus in a large ziplock bag.Shake until the asparagus is fully coated.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Dip the asparagus in the eggs.
- Place the breadcrumbs and Parmesan on a plate. Roll the asparagus in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven for 7-15 minutes.