Individual sized cheesecakes with a chocolate chip cookie base. Can you think of a better combination?
Are you in a sugar coma from all of the chocolates/cookies/baking in general from Christmas Day? Or, my favourite day: Boxing Day, aka: half-off chocolate day?
If you aren't, we need to fix that. Have a mini cheesecake + cookie combo. And take out your stretchy pants.
I have been making these same cheesecakes almost once a month since I made my White Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Cups + Sprinkles. This recipe is basically the same as the other one, except for replacing the white chocolate with regular chocolate and no sprinkles.
Yes, I know that makes me a lazy recipe developer, but come on! It's Christmas! I need some time to relax.
Also, this recipe is so good that it deserves an encore.
First of all, I would like to say not to judge these cheesecakes on appearances. They don't look too good, one: because I am far too impatient to wait for cream cheese to soften, and two: because I just can't figure out how to take good pictures of something that looks so plain!
Right now, I am trying to get in as many desserts before the New Year as possible. As most people's New Year's resolutions are to eat better and reduce sugar, I will make the most of the holiday party mentality and shove sugar in their face before they can refuse. There is always next year.
After all, 'tis the season for stretchy pants!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Cups
What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla, and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1.5 Tablespoons of cookie dough into the prepared muffin pans, and pack it in. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, white sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Scoop 1 Tablespoon of cheesecake mixture on each cookie cup, and continue to bake for around 18 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: