These No Bake Skor Corn Flake Bars are so easy to make! Rich and decadent, they are the perfect dessert when you want something sweet and crunchy.
No matter how much Corn Flakes I eat, somehow I end up always having a box in the house at any given time.
Maybe it's because I always want it around as a topper for casseroles, chicken or breakfast, but mostly I think it's because I want to make as many Corn Flake based No Bake Bars as I possibly can.
The whole reason I made these bars was because I both wanted to use up my abundant supply of Corn Flakes and use these Skor toffee bits that I found in the back of the cupboard almost half melted. Which, first of all, how did I let that happen? And second of all, why did I put them in the back of my cupboard? I feel like I should have eaten half the bag before I got home.
Which makes me wonder.. maybe I bought two bags that day..
But quick question, has anyone ever tried melting Skor toffee bits before? I actually started freaking out a bit because it seems to separate. Maybe that was the butter I added so that it doesn't burn on the stove top. In any case, I have found that saving that clear separated liquid and pouring it on top of plain popcorn is one of the best snacks I have ever tasted.
That is, after these bars of course.
The peanut butter adds a great salty component to these already very sweet toffee bars. Make it crunchy peanut butter for extra bite, but if all you have at home is smooth peanut butter, by all means add that in.
These bars are very similar to my No Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Corn Flakes Bars. Having an assortment of these easy bars in your fridge would be heaven! They are great with a cup of coffee or tea.
Any other ideas on what to do with all the extra Corn Flakes I always have lying around? Or maybe I should continue making these bars.
Skor Corn Flake Bars
What you'll need:
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
- 1 bag Skor toffee bits
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut butter, butter, sugar and corn syrup on low heat until melted. Stir in the Corn Flakes.
- Press the Corn Flake mixture into the prepared baking pan. Allow to cool.
- Place the Skor chips and the butter in a small saucepan, and heat until melted. There will be some liquid that separates when it is fully melted. Drain the liquid so you only have a thick, Skor mixture.
- Spread the Skor mixture over the Corn Flake mixture, and allow to cool. When cool, cut into squares.