The classic chocolate and peanut butter combination is made even better by adding some crunchy Corn Flakes into these no bake bars.
Happy Friday y'all!
How is summer treating you? Any summer plans? Going to the beach? Cabin? Or are you working all through summer?
Whatever the case, I feel like Fridays deserve peanut butter and chocolate! I mean, can you think of a better combination?
AND, I feel like summer days deserve no bake treats. What do you say? Are you ready for one of the easiest desserts you will make this summer?
These no bake bars were gone faster than I would like to admit. Hiding them in the back of the fridge didn't even work! For a couple of days, you could find me right by the open refrigerator door. Stealing bite after bite of these cute little bars.
I used Corn Flakes inside, but you could easily replace it with Rice Krispies, or your own favorite cereal. My suggestion would be to make sure it's not an overly sugary cereal: these bars are sweet enough as is.
Hope your weekends are as chocolate coated and peanut butter slathered as mine will be!
No Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Corn Flakes Bars
What you'll need:
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut butter, butter, sugar and corn syrup on low heat until melted. Stir in the Corn Flakes.
- Press the Corn Flake mixture into the prepared baking pan. Allow to cool.
- Place the chocolate chips and the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Spread over the Corn Flake mixture, and allow to cool. When cool, cut into squares.