Chocolate lovers unite! These ooey gooey brownies are ready in under 30 minutes, and are so chewy, fudgy and moist! The biscoff swirls make it extra delicious.
Who knew that I would be busier as a teacher than I was as a student? I remember back in university when I thought I had no time to do anything but study. Well, I now know what it's like to have no time to myself. With marking, making worksheets, creating a class website and creating comprehensive notes for each lesson is taking up all of my time now.
I have resorted to baking at 11pm, when I have finished all my teacherly duties. But not as often as I would like.
I have been seriously off my baking game in the past few weeks. I tried making some lemon cookies, which just ended up tasting like salt. Then I tried making pear muffins, which frankly, didn't taste like anything at all. I knew I needed to try something new. Something no fail. Like brownies.
But not just any brownies. Brownies with Biscoff spread.
Because I can't buy Biscoff spread in Canada (unless I order it on amazon) I need to choose the perfect recipe to use this precious spread. Spooning it directly into my mouth almost seems like a waste, until I have the spoon in my hand. Then I can't stop. Get me a recipe please!
And if you know me at all, you know that I will put every kind of spread into brownies. My all time favorite were these nutella brownies, but after making brownies with biscoff spread? I don't think I want another brownie recipe in my life.
These brownies are everything you would ever want in a brownie, and so much more! Once you bite the crackly shell on the outside, you get to the moist, fudgy center with the perfect amount of chewy. The biscoff spread then sends your taste buds to heaven, all while making this brownie look extra fancy.
I'm thinking I need to buy some more Biscoff spread. Stat!
Biscoff Swirl Brownies
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup biscoff spread
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla until fully combined. Add in the cocoa powder, flour and salt until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Melt the biscoff spread in a small saucepan until just melted, stiring constantly. Be careful not to burn it.
- Spoon the melted biscoff on the brownies and using a knife, swirl the melted biscoff into the brownie mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Brownie Recipe Adapted from All Recipes