Creamy vanilla bean ice cream, with no ice cream maker required! Summer just isn't the same without ice cream sandwiches.
I can't believe summer is halfway over, and I have yet to make ice cream of any kind in my house! It is just bonkers!
To be fair, I left my ice cream maker behind when I moved (boo), but with all the no churn ice cream recipes out there, I can't really say that having no ice cream maker is a good enough excuse.
So I was walking by this milk store the other day that sells so many different varieties of ice cream sandwich, that I knew I needed to make some at home. One day, I might even recreate all of their ice cream sandwiches. Here's to hoping!
Also, contemplating buying an ice cream maker. Do you think it's worth it for the last half of summer?
But in the meantime, I will be munching on these no churn ice cream sandwiches!
I used a vanilla bean, but if you don't have one on hand, feel free to use 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract, I won't be offended! I think I just have a weird love of seeing the little vanilla bean seeds sprinkled all over my ice cream.
I feel like I only have vanilla ice cream recipes on this blog. I should really diversify my selection. Any suggestions?
No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Sandwiches)
What you'll need:
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise (or 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Cookies! (I used store bought, but these inside out chocolate chip cookies would be amazing!)
- Pour the condensed milk into a small bowl. Scrape the vanilla bean seeds into the bowl, and mix together until fully combined. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the condensed milk mixture, and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container, and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Create ice cream sandwiches with the cookies and ice cream!