Are you sick of Christmas cookie recipes yet? Well, I have one more with you that will make Santa come bounding down your chimney for.
Even though this sounds like I just put everything in my pantry into a cookie, I am telling you, this turned out amazing. Because no one wants to eat the super tiny crumbs at the end of a Corn Flakes box. You may as well make cookies out of them.
And while it doesn't seem like I will make my quota of 60 cookie recipes this year, I still have time. I may as well try.
This is the kind of challenge that I love.
But these cookies!! They are soft and fluffy, and yet they still have some crunch to it because of the Corn Flakes. And the sweetness of these cookies from the chocolate and coconut cannot be beat.
So if you are still looking for a last minute gift idea, try out these cookies! They are unique, and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry!
Coconut, Chocolate and Cornflake Cookies
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup lightly crushed corn flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flours and mix until just combined. Fold in coconut, chocolate chips and corn flakes.
- Drop small spoonfuls on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.