Came back from Hawaii yesterday morning. If it were up to me, I would never leave that island. Maybe there were other people feeling the same way, because my flight back to Vancouver was on the most empty airplane that I have ever been on... ever. There were people literally sprawled out horizontally on 3 chairs sleeping.
So I'm back to the cold and the rain. How can I possibly lift my spirits?
Another mug cake? I think yes!
Ever since I made vanilla bean paste I have been searching for recipes that call for it. Because when I don't have it in my house, the recipes are everywhere. When I finally do, I can't find any recipe that calls for it.
But when I saw this recipe from Table for Two, I knew I needed to make it and satisfy my new found mug cake obsession.
Vanilla Bean Mug Cake
What you'll need:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together the milk, vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into a mug, and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, and remove to see if it's done. If not, continue to microwave in thirty second intervals.