Don't worry, I've never heard of it until my mom bought a whole truckload, and told me to try it out. Apparently it's big in the Philippines: where she's from, so it was a little taste of home for her.
Despite the fact that this cake has no eggs or butter in it, it was still very moist and spongy. And it was gone in a day, I'm not going to lie. Even though I am actually addicted to things sweet: I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, I really enjoyed this cake even though it wasn't that sweet.
Even the raisin haters liked this cake. It was an all-round success!
Eggless Ovaltine Cake
What you'll need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/3 cup white sugar
-3 tablespoons ovaltine
-1/4 cup raisins
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and ovaltine.
3. Slowly add the milk, mixing until fully combined
4. Fold in the raisins
5. Pour into a lightly greased loaf tin
6. Cook for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: