My favorite cookie recipe EVER! These one bowl cookie recipe makes a LOT of cookies, but you might not want to share because they are so good!
I can't believe it's Monday already. Where did the weekend go?
Mine seemed to zoom by in a flurry of tutoring, drinking coffee and baking SO MANY COOKIES!!
I am absolutely obsessed with these cookies! Not only can they be made in one bowl, which simplifies baking and washing the dishes SO much, but they taste amazing, and make so many cookies. Even though, if you were to ask me, there is never such thing ass too many cookies.
There were so many cookies that I brought a huge bag of them to school this morning, and STILL had cookies left for me and my boyfriend to enjoy at home. This way, my students can sort of forgive me for the test I gave them this morning, and me and my boyfriend still has a nice snack to go with our tea tonight. It's a win win.
And can you believe that this is my first oatmeal chocolate chip cookie on this blog? I have made regular oatmeal cookies, oatmeal yogurt raisin cookies, oatmeal biscoff cookies and everything in between, but never a plain old oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
So if you don't have a go-to oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, I would suggest you start here. With these cookies. You won't be disappointed.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you'll need:
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. Add in the oil, eggs and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Use your hands to roll together 1-2 Tablespoon balls of dough, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 -12 minutes or until set and golden.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest