No need to buy two bite brownies when you have this recipe! So chewy, chocolaty and oh so fudgy! With crushed candy canes, so they are perfect for Christmas!
Can we make December peppermint season? I think it should be all over everything, and in every dessert or breakfast ever. I have already made a peppermint mug cake earlier this week, and I am trying to come up with more peppermint themed recipes for the upcoming weeks. Maybe some peppermint pancakes, or an update on my peppermint hot chocolate?
The possibilities are endless!!
I made these brownies last week, and brought them to an ugly sweater themed Christmas party. They were a HUGE hit! I kept getting asked where I bought them from, which, if we are being completely honest, is one of my favorite compliments. If I can make something in my home that tastes like it is highly processed and tested millions of times to be shelf-worthy, then I am one happy camper.
But I have been trying to come up with more recipes where I can use my Mini Muffin Pan . My go-to recipe to use in my mini muffin pan are these whole wheat chocolate chip cookies, but I want to expand my horizons. And now that I have discovered that you can make two bite brownies in them? Well, this pan is going to be used WAY more now!
These brownies are the kind of brownies that have the perfect amount of chew, while still maintaining a firm outer shell, if you know what I mean. And the crushed candy canes add a delicious crunch while biting into them. They are basically Christmas in brownie form!
Also, you still have time to enter my giveaway for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card! Click here for details! The giveaway closes on Christmas day, so you better hurry!
Two Bite Peppermint Brownies
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a Mini Muffin Pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in the peppermint and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the cocoa and flour until just combined. Add in half of the crushed candy canes.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes over the brownies.
Adapted from Sweet C's Designs
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: