Strawberries and sour cream come together to make the perfect summer pie!
I have made more pies this week than I have in my entire life! Which is crazy, considering I mainly make desserts. But pie always seems so hard that I give up as soon as I think about the half day I will have to spend making it.
But now I discovered this pie crust recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to put together, making pie is all I want to do!
There are so may things that surprised me about this pie. One being that I actually had the willpower to save enough of my strawberries to make this pie. I mean, I have been buying strawberries by the basket-full, but at the end of the day, I have snacked on them until they are all gone.
Which is why this pie was made immediately after I got home from grocery shopping.
Obviously, avoiding temptation is not my forte.
I can't wait to start experimenting with more pies now that I know how easy it can be! Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next?
Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
What you'll need:
- 10 minute pie crust or premade pie crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon white sugar, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound strawberries, cut into slices
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and 1 cup sugar. Add in the sour cream, and mix in until creamy.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into your pie crust, and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Place the pie in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°F, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until top is golden and remove from oven. Allow to cool, and enjoy!