Broccoli, chicken and snap peas come together to make a delicious stir fry, ready in under 30 minutes!
Why have I not been making stir fry my entire life??
I am always whining that I want to make a quick and easy meal, but never making the one quick and easy meal that everyone has pretty much already mastered.
Everyone except for me that is.
It's a long time coming, but here it is!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that I have all of the ingredients in my house at all times! Like, no exceptions. Except for maybe the snap peas. But if you don't want to put those in, or if you don't have them in the fridge, just leave them out!
Now that I have been experimenting with stir fry, I have realized how forgiving they are. And how I want to make them every day.
And to think. Before this, I was buying take-out stir fry like a sucker. Now that I know how easy it is to make, I should probably rethink what I spend money on. Sometimes I surprise myself when I realize how self reliant I can be.
Chicken, Broccoli and Snap Peas Stir Fry
What you'll need:
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (use low sodium if you want it to be less salty!)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 cups brocolli, chopped
- 100 grams snap peas, trimmed and cut into half
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a medium skillet, cook the chicken, garlic and ginger until the insides of the chicken are no longer pink, around 5 minutes.
- Mix in 3/4 cup of chicken broth, soy sauce and white sugar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionaly
- Add in the broccoli. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1/4 of remaining chicken broth with the cornstarch.
- Add the snap peas and the cornstarch mixture to the chicken mixture, and mix until the sauce begins to thicken.