While I would love to eat desserts for dinner (cookie pizza anyone?) I know I need to eat something that is not only sugar.
Also, I have a strange confession to make. The past couple of days, I have been getting sick of desserts. Like, thinking about eating something with a lot of sugar in it makes me feel sick. I am craving all the salty foods.
I think it's because of my boss. He is the baker in the office...mainly because I keep my baking abilities to myself. But oh my goodness, he makes the best cookies ever! At least once a week, he bakes cookies or muffins for us. This week, he baked two cookies that looked exactly the same, and told us to taste test them. He didn't tell us which one is which, but one was made from lindt chocolate, and the other was made with store brand chocolate.
We all chose the one that was made with lindt chocolate as being better.
Then, on the very same day as the cookie taste test, it was one of my coworker's birthday, so we all had the most gorgeous cupcakes.
And I think that was the day where I had a mug cake for breakfast, I am now officially sick of sugar.
I'm telling myself that this is just a phase. I will probably be making cupcakes on the weekend.
But in the meantime, I will be making these crepes.
These crepes were inspired by me going to this place called "Cafe Crepe" in Vancouver constantly. Not only do they have the best fries around (who knew that I would find awesome fries at a crepe place?) they also had my favorite spinach and feta crepe.
And while I am in Toronto, I will be making these crepes at home until I come back to Vancouver for the holidays. And since I have an abundance of whole wheat flour, I thought: why not make them healthier by using only whole wheat flour?
Who knows. I may not even need to go back to my favorite crepe place. Except for when I want fries.
Whole Wheat Spinach and Feta Crepes
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Filling for one crepe:
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the crepe ingredients until fully combined.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil on a large skillet. When the oil is hot, scoop 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan, and roll the pan around until the batter has coated the pan. Flip the crepe after 2 minutes and cook until the other side is light brown. Remove and repeat for the other crepes.
- Fill each crepe with 1/2 cup spinach and 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta. Enjoy!