I am still in Hawaii right now, and it is freaking gorgeous! We climbed Diamond Head, explored the mall, and went to the beach countless times. I swear, every time we are at the beach we see at least two weddings going on.
And since I can't be baking in my hotel room, I will be talking about something I baked a while back that has been in my drafts section for a while. That's almost as good as baking right?
If only hotels came with an oven and baking supplies. A girl can only dream..
But let's talk about this bread. I like making pumpkin bread almost as much as I like making banana bread. And even though it is not remotely close to fall, I don't know why we can't be making pumpkin recipes all year round.
Even my pumpkin hating parents loved this bread. And how can you not when you have the irresistible aroma wafting out from the oven, and this resulting bread which stays moist for days? Maybe next time I will make this with pineapple instead of raisins. That is, if I don't get too sick of pineapples after this vacation.
Raisin and Coconut Pumpkin Bread
What you'll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sugars, baking soda, salt, all spice and cinnamon until fully combined. Add in the pumpkin puree, oil and coconut milk until fully combined. Fold in the coconut and the raisins until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and cover the loaves tightly with foil. Allow the bread to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the foil, and turn the loaves onto wire racks. Tent the foil on top of the loaves, and allow to cool completely.