Who here likes anchovy? Anyone? Anyone? Only me?
Well my family is big on anchovies. As a midnight snack, we sneak downstairs and make ourselves a melted cheese with anchovy sandwich. Seriously. One night I was sneaking downstairs for one of those delicious sandwiches when I noticed my dad was also at the toaster oven with cheese and anchovies in hand.
So it's only natural that I should add it to my dinners.
Surprisingly it took me this long to actually think of using anchovies for something other than sandwiches. And this pasta is almost as easy as my beloved midnight snack.
So if you are not repulsed by anchovies, or want to give them a try, I would suggest that you ease yourself in with this pasta. The anchovy flavor isn't overpowering, and it's just super easy to make.
What you'll need:
-1 lb linguini
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-8 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
-3/4 cup boiling water
-1 cup fresh bread crumbs
+salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguini and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat heat some oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and anchovies, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Crush the anchovies with the back of a wooden spoon.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the hot water and crushed tomatoes, then add the anchovy mixture.
4. In a medium frying pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Toast the breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce and half of the breadcrumbs until fully combined. Divide into bowls and top with the remaining breadcrumbs.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: