Super simple ice cream sandwiches made with only 3 ingredients. The sweet and salty combination will have you coming back for more.
Now that the weather has gone mental here in Toronto, I am craving the lazy days of summer. Days where I don't need to pack extra layers in case it starts snowing/raining/getting freezing at the end of the day.
I am dreaming of days filled with sun tanning. Swimming. And of course, ice cream.
All the ice cream.
The weird thing is, normally we don't have ice cream in the house. I know, right? I'm sure I'm in the minority. But since I just got a new ice cream maker, I need to try out my new toy! So off to the grocery store I go to purchase ice cream that has a nice container, so that I can store all the new ice cream I am going to be making in the next few months.
Next job: eat all the ice cream.
This is the type of job where I excel.
I actually wasn't planning on posting this recipe. I mean, look at it! Only 3 ingredients, and all of the ingredients listed are in the title? What more is there to say about this recipe?
But since my fiance told me I should put it up, and I also got requests from my Instagram followers when I took a quick snap of this and posted it on Instagram stories, I thought: okay, why not? It is after all one of the best desserts I have made in a while.
"Made" being used very loosely here. And in huge air quotes.
This takes under 15 minutes to make, so there is really no excuse for you not to make it. Just save some for me, 'kay?
Ritz and Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
What you'll need:
- 1 box Ritz crackers
- 1 tub ice cream of your choice (I used cherry ice cream)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Use a Medium Cookie Scoop to scoop the ice cream on the a Ritz cracker, and press another one on top. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining crackers. Place in the freezer while you do the next step.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, removing to stir every 30 seconds until chocolate is completely smooth.
- Remove the Ritz sandwiches from the freezer and either dip or drizzle the chocolate on the ice cream sandwiches. Return to the freezer, and freeze until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in an airtight container.