These cute pepperoni appetizers are made with only 3 ingredients, and ready in 30 minutes.
Why is it that I have only just started buying pepperoni slices? They might be my new favourite thing.
That is, after Nutella, breakfast, mug cakes, smoothie bowls... yeah. I have too many favourites. But too many favourites is 100% better than having no favourites at all. And I think I need to add another favourite to my list. These freaking pepperoni pizza bites! Plus anything made with Pillsbury Refrigerator Biscuits. Aka: these pepperoni bites again!
Refrigerator biscuits make my life so much easier! I have made McDonalds Copycat Cinnamon Melts with them, I have made Mini Shepherd's Pie with them... heck, I even made them as biscuits as they were originally intended.
That is, only sometimes.
But now combining these biscuits with pepperoni and mozzarella... well. Now things are getting serious. Seriously delicious!
(Please ignore my lameness there. I am just really loving these pizza bites).
It was around last week that I made Homemade Pizza Bagels, which are sort of like this, but in bagel form. And I am still not sick of the mozzarella and pepperoni combination. I am always coming back for more.
I am not going to lie, I have made this recipe a total of three times this past week, because I just can't get enough! You only need 3 ingredients and 30 minutes of your time to make these cute pepperoni and mozzarella balls. That is hardly asking much of you!
Don't be scared off by all of the cheese. In fact, embrace the cheesy goodness of these cheesy appetizers. After all, calories don't count on the weekends.
Especially summer weekends.
And what's great is you can adapt this recipe to your preferences. Add some herbs and spices on top. Add more or less cheese if you want. This is your creation, and I want it to be made just the way you like it.
So what are you guys cooking up this weekend?
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Bites
What you'll need:
- 1 12oz refrigerator biscuits
- 40 pepperoni slices
- 10 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into twenty 1/2 oz pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese,divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray two 9 inch circular baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Cut the biscuits in half. Press each half down until it forms a circle. Make a mozzarella sandwich: one 1/2 oz piece of mozzarella between two pieces of pepperoni, then place in the centre of the biscuit round. Fold the biscuit over the "mozzarella sandwich" until it forms a ball. Place the ball in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining biscuit halves.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese onto each baking dish, then bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Adapted from Cullinary Hill