Looking for a ginger molasses cookie that is both soft and chewy at the same time? Look no further!
I can't believe it's already 2016!
How was your holidays? Did you go away? Did you make any resolutions for the New Year?
I have only ever stuck with one resolution I made: 2 years ago, my New Years resolution was to start flossing, and guess what? I am still doing it every night! I decided to stop while I was ahead, so I stopped making resolutions.
Unless that is, I count making MORE COOKIES in 2016 a resolution!
I actually made these cookies before the holidays, but I was so swamped with relaxing with family that I didn't post much over my two weeks of vacation. And even though cookie season has passed, I would like to put it out there that it is never too late.. or too early for that matter, to make cookies.
But this is especially true when those cookies are ginger molasses cookies!!
I never really appreciated a good ginger molasses cookie before. I would always reach for a chocolate chunk cookie or a white chocolate macadamia cookie without a second glance at the ginger molasses cookies.
All this changed when I tried some really good ginger molasses cookies at a Christmas party a couple of years ago. After that, I was hooked.
The great thing about ginger molasses cookies is that they are not too sweet. This means that I can eat way more of them than I could ever eat chocolate chip cookies. But you can also adjust your recipe to your preferences! If you wanted this cookie to be extra sinful, you can coat it in sugar! Maybe chop up some crystallized ginger to enhance the ginger flavor? The possibilities are endless!
Ginger Molasses Cookies
What you'll need:
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, water and molasses until fully combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, and place in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for around 5 minutes, then place on wire racks to cool completely.
Adapted from All Recipes
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: