This cake is so moist, and has a light banana and vanilla flavor that is perfect for breakfast. As a bonus, you can make the entire thing in one bowl!
How is it that every time I buy bananas, they get brown before I can even bring them home. Even though I am buying the greenest bananas the store has!!
I blame the crazy heat that we are still having, even though fall is quickly approaching. It's even too hot for me to buy a pumpkin spice latte. The horror!
To be fair, I don't really mind brown bananas. I have a lot of ideas for when I am faced with a ripe banana in my house. If all else fails, I can always pop them in the freezer and use them at another time. But this week, I wanted to use them NOW.
Even if this means missing out on the fall flavors. I should probably make something with pumpkin next week to compensate. Or make my pumpkin spice granola again..
But oh my goodness, this CAKE! ...can we even call it a cake if it doesn't have icing? Maybe a breakfast cake? Whatever you want to call it, I am in love with it! It has been what me and my boyfriend have been eating for breakfast for the past couple of days. The texture is perfect, and it comes together SO quickly and easily.
If there is one thing I hate about cooking or baking is washing all of the dishes! So for me, the best thing about this cake is that all you need is one bowl and one 9x13 baking pan . Can't get any easier than that, right?
Banana Vanilla Cake
What you'll need:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs in one at a time, mixing until fully combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Pour the cake mixture in the prepared baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.