It has been a long and crazy ride, but I am finally done with classes! Even though I still have exams to write, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted, and I can finally breathe easier. I even starting to sleep in! I didn’t get out of bed until 8AM!
So what is the perfect way to celebrate this relaxing occasion? Well, make something with oreos of course!
These truffles have everything you’d want in a dessert: oreos, cream cheese.. and what’s more? They are no bake! I was going to save this for the summer, when it’s too hot to bake anything, but then I thought to myself “what’s stopping me from making them twice?”
I would make this everyday if my skinny jeans would allow it. They were so good, I may have eaten most of them. But it wasn’t my fault. My hands had a mind of their own…
What you’ll need:
-20 golden oreos
-5 oz cream cheese
-1 cup miniature chocolate chips
-1 teaspoon shortening
1. Place the oreos in a food processor and crush until you are left with fine crumbs.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the cookie crumbs until well combined.
3. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
4. Boil 5 cups of water and pour it into a medium bowl.
5. Place the chocolate chips and shortening into a smaller bowl and place it in the bowl full of water. Mix the chocolate chips together with the shortening until the mixture is smooth, making sure not to let the water mix in with the chocolate mixture.
6. Take the oreo balls out of the freezer and dip them in the chocolate mixture. Place the dipped oreo balls back on the wax paper, then freeze until hard.