Well first off, my dad made it. And boy was he proud of it. It had everything, broccoli, cheese, bacon.. Although back then I wasn't a fan of bacon. I would eat it, but.. Actually I'm not all that crazy about bacon now either, but it is EVERYWHERE. It's like you can't avoid bacon be it in mayonnaise, cupcakes, soap...? People are crazy about it.
Anyways, despite the bacon, I LOVED it. Quiche has become one of my favorite meals. They are pretty easy, and oh so tasty! This might also be one of the reasons why I get through eggs at a superhuman speed.
The only reason why I made this though was to get through miracle whip that I had in my house. Why? I don't know, I really don't like miracle whip. Except in a quiche. The only exception.
What you'll need:
For the crust:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-1/4 cup cold water
For the filling:
-1 cup onions, cubed
-1 cup broccoli, chopped
-1/3 cup miracle whip
-1/3 cup milk
-1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and water. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
3. Press the batter into two 4 inch tart pans.
4. Preheat the oven to 375˚F
5. On a medium skillet, cook the onions until they are transparent, around 4 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, miracle whip and milk until well blended. Stir in the broccoli, onions and cheese.
7. Pour mixture into the prepared tart pans, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: