I was all ready to bake: I got all my bowls, sugar and flour out, when I looked in the fridge and, what do you know, I’m out of eggs, and all I have is sour milk. But fear not, there is always some way around not having anything in your house when baking (I’ve used beans instead of flour to make a cake, etc. That cake was great actually, I may recreate it sometime).
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Lightly grease cookie sheets
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the shortening, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar and sour milk until fully combined. Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing together until well blended.
4. Drop cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets and flatten with a fork dipped in flour.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.