Perfect holiday treats for one? These rice krispie wreaths have you covered! Ready in under 5 minutes!
The holidays are almost here! Can you feel it? Are you full of Christmas cheer, or do you wish the malls would stop playing Christmas songs? Have you bought bags of eggnog and turtles, or are you putting off holiday shopping for later?
I am somewhere in between in terms of shopping, but when it comes to holiday baking, I am all over it!
I have already made rice krispie Christmas trees that are sort of similar to these wreaths, but that recipe makes a lot of treats. I might actually make it again for my students on the last day of school before the holidays (which, by the way, is one week and counting!).
But here's the thing. What if all of your friends and neighbors don't celebrate Christmas? Or (as I experienced today) you are in a particularly festive mood, but you are the only one home?
Don't worry. These rice krispie treats wreaths for one have got you covered.
My favorite part about these rice krispie treats is how easy these come together! Melt the butter marshmallows in the microwave, mix in rice krispies, pipe on icing and boom. They are done. Instant gratification.
I made this all in under 5 minutes, which is perfect if you need a dessert at the last minute. Maybe some guests unexpectedly show up at your place for dinner during the holidays. These are the perfect save, and are so cute too!
Rice Krispie Wreaths For One
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 30g mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon milk
- green food coloring
+round colorful candy, like smarties or m&ms.
- In a small bowl or a ramekin, melt the 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in the microwave for around 20 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Place the marshmallows in the bowl, and microwave for an additional minute. Keep an eye on them! It will puff up, but will deflate as soon as you take it out of the microwave.
- Mix together the marshmallows and the melted butter until smooth.
- Mix in the Rice Krispies cereal until fully combined. Press into the bowl with a spatula and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together the icing ingredients until fully combined. Place in a ziplock bag or a piping bag, and pipe onto the rice krispie treats to form a wreath. Decorate with colorful candy.