This salad is so portable and easy to make, you will want to make it for work and school every day of the week!
Face it. No one is really excited for Monday mornings. Unless Christmas fell on a Monday, I am always looking for reasons to wake up on a Monday morning.
Unfortunately, I do not have the answer to Monday morning blues in this post, but I do have something to make your day a little better.
Behold! The salad in a mason jar!
I have been meaning to do this for years now. But a few months ago, by some weird delivery error, I received four 12 pack flats of mason jars instead of the four single mason jars that I ordered. I have mason jars coming out of my ears! I need to find ways to use them!
(All ideas you can think of would be much appreciated!)
But this salad will probably be a "thing" from now on. As in, every Sunday evening, I will make my lunch for the week. Make ahead salads in Mason jars. This way, I can have 5 jars all ready to go, so on Monday mornings, I can have a glorious sleep in.
Now that is definitely an improvement to the start of the week!
Romaine Lettuce and Chickpea Mason Jar Salad
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caesar dressing
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup cooked (or canned) chickpeas
- 2 oz cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 leafs of romaine lettuce, chopped
- In a mason jar, layer the ingredients in the order listed above. This way, the ingredients don't get soggy. When you want to bring this salad to work or school, bring a bowl with you. Shake the ingredients in the mason jar, pour in the bowl and enjoy!