I am of the opinion that the best thing about summer is frozen yogurt.
Yesterday me and my friend drove for 30 minutes to get some frozen yogurt, and it was worth every minute. If you live by Menchie’s, then I urge you all to go. Or any make your own frozen yogurt place for that matter.
The reason that I’m bringing up my trip to get frozen yogurt is because the toppings that I put on my frozen yogurt was ridiculous. I put sour candy, reeses pieces, peanut butter cups, mochi, and a lot of granola. As I was eating my frankly ridiculous frozen yogurt, I got to thinking that I haven’t made granola in forever. Also, granola and frozen yogurt taste fantastic together.
This granola is perfect topping for yogurt, both frozen and not. It is also great for shoving in your mouth by the handfuls. I have tried it out myself on many occasions. I guess my next project is to make some frozen yogurt to go along with this granola. However, I’m not sure this granola will last long enough for that..
Coconut Vanilla Granola
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut. almonds, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and mix until the oat mixture is fully coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.