Ah experimental bread. I've never even made normal bread before. This one requires no need to knead or let rise though. So this will act as my transition I guess. I'll make actual bread soon.
What you'll need:
-1 large onion, cut into cubes
-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-3/4 cup milk
-2/3 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup grated Mizithra cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F
2. Fry the onions and the garlic on a greased skillet on medium heat. Cook until the onions are transparent, then remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and olive oil. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until fully incorporated.
5. Fold in the onion and cheese.
6. Pour the batter into a lightly sprayed loaf pan
7. Bake for around 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: