I sort of cheated while making these. I'll admit, I didn't make the dough from scratch. I had some spring roll pastries that I thought needed using, so I used those. Next time, I will for sure make the dough.
What you'll need:
-5 medium-sized russet potatoes
-1 cup of 2% milk
-1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
-1 1/2 cups frozen peas
-2 tablespoons chipotle chili pepper
-1/2 tablespoon hot and spicy seasoning
-1/2 tablespoon roasted garlic and pepper seasoning
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Spring roll pastries
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them in two.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water, and place the potatoes in the water. Cover. Bring to a boil, then turn the temperature down to low.
3. While potatoes are boiling, steam the peas and the carrots.
4. Drain the potatoes when a knife inserted cuts through the potatoes with ease. Add milk and mash the potatoes with a masher. Add the peas and carrots, mixing with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
5. Spoon a heaping scoop of the potato mixture onto a spring roll pastry and wrap in a triangle shape, making sure that no potato filling is visible. Close the sides with a little water, lightly pressing the the sides of the spring roll pastry.
6. Fill a small saucepan halfway with vegetable oil, and fry each samosa until lightly browned. Place on a plate lined with paper towels.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: