I remember back in the days when I was a vegetarian, I would eat chickpeas all the time. I would eat chickpea salad wraps for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Going out to the store, I would but a huge, overloaded bag of chickpeas that could feed an army and then some. But for some reason, after I started eating meat, I stopped my whole chickpea craze.
Well people, it’s coming back!
I have been seeing recipe after recipe for roasted chickpeas that made me drool. I needed to make some of my own! That is when I saw a recipe for salt and vinegar chickpeas that I thought: This is the one.
And it really was the one. But not the one in the sense that I would take it on long walks on the beach. This batch barely lasted 15 minutes in my house, it was so good. I needed to swat people away with my spatula so that I can take these pictures.
So if you’re craving some salt and vinegar chips (like I do 89% of the day) but want something healthier, here’s your solution!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the chickpeas and vinegar in a medium saucepan, and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Drain the chickpeas and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the coarse salt and olive oil and massage with fingers until fully coated.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Adapted from Oh She Glows