These Nutella filled bread bites are ready in under 35 minutes and are only made with 2 ingredients! So easy to make, they are the perfect weekday breakfast.
Anyone else sad that March break is over?
Even though it's always a drag heading back to work after a nice relaxing holiday, I am thankful that I have amazing students and supportive colleagues to make my day go by so quickly, it seems like I'm not even working at all.
But all the lazy mornings sleeping in (on Vancouver time even!) is going to catch up with me tomorrow morning. Getting out of bed is the hardest part about my day.
But maybe it won't be hard to wake up if I have these Nutella filled bread bites waiting for me!!
You guys, I can't even tell you how much I adore this as a breakfast. Okay, so obviously I eat chocolate for breakfast. Like, a lot. But that's not even the best part of this recipe!
These Nutella bread bites are so easy to make: ready in around 35 minutes, but the bulk of that time is just waiting for them to get out of the oven. And let me tell you, with the delicious smell coming from the oven, the hardest part of this recipe is the waiting.
This recipe is also made with only two ingredients. Yep, you read that correctly. Only two. Obviously one is Nutella, but the other one is something I have been buying more and more often lately.
Pillsbury biscuits sound familiar to you? Yup, a lot of recipes around here have been using those versatile balls of goodness lately. And for good reason. They are great to use when you have limited time on your hands, plus they taste amazing! Whenever they go on sale, you know that I'll be cleaning the store out.
Joking.. sort of..
So originally, I only put a little zigzag of melted Nutella on top, as you can see from the above picture. But since I was in a chocolatey mood and I melted a LOT of Nutella, I thought: "Hey. Let's throw it all on top."
Then when I couldn't possibly add more Nutella on top or else have ot compromise the appearance, I just squeezed the remaining Nutella into my mouth. Hey, I never said I was a classy lady.
Armed with these Nutella filled bread bites, I think I can face the first day back to work.
Maybe just another spoonful of Nutella please.
Nutella Filled Bread Bites
What you'll need:
- 1 (12 oz can) refrigerated biscuits
- 30 teaspoons Nutella, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into 3 pieces.
- Flatten each biscuit piece, and scoop a teaspoon of Nutella into the middle of each piece. Fold up the dough, and roll it into a ball. Make sure it is sealed tight.
- Place the Nutella biscuits into the baking dish, making sure they are even spaced.
- Place in the preheated oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are baked through.
- Place the 2 Tablespoons of Nutella in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted. Drizzle on top of the baked biscuits. Serve immediately.