These scones are so light and fluffy, and are ready in under 20 minutes.
This is it. The last Secret Recipe Club post I will ever do. It has been a fun experience, and I hope to continue to follow the wonderful blogs that I have had the chance of connecting with.
This month, I got the blog Cheese with Noodles. There was so many amazing recipes on the blog, I didn't know which one to choose. But since it was smack dab in the middle of the school year, I wanted to make something quick and easy. This is why I chose these scones.
This recipe takes no time at all, and is the perfect way to use that sour cream that somehow ended up all the way at the back of your fridge (oops).
Since I just recently made my favourite healthy potato soup which, surprise surprise, is also SUPER easy to make, I wanted to have something to go with it. These savoury scones were the perfect solution.
You can whip these up in under 20 minutes, which is basically all I look for in a recipe on busy weeknights. They are absolutely amazing warm and fresh out of the oven (as are most things), but having them a day old and heated up in the microwave is also good as well.
Don't forget to try them with butter. Everything is better with butter.
Sour Cream and Parsley Scones
What you'll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a round pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add in the canola oil and sour cream until just combined.
- Place the mixture into the prepared pan, and cut into 6 pieces. Place in the preheated oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
Adapted from Cheese with Noodles