Fudgy nutella brownies packed with chopped golden oreos make the perfect crispy/chewy texture.
It's Friday! We made it!
Is it just me, or did Friday come way too soon? This week seemed to fly by so fast that I didn't even notice the week was coming to an end until this very morning. How sad is that? So obviously it threw off my posting schedule for the week, in that I thought I had more of the week left to go.
Stress eat brownies with me?
This is coming to you at the very last minute possible: almost right before I head to the airport for Nashville to go to a math conference. I know, right? A super exciting way to spend the weekend.
^^I am being 100% serious by the way. Super excited.
So before I leave you for a weekend packed with math and teaching strategies, I will share a recipe that I was going to save for the Christmas baking month, but who am I kidding? Both November and December are Christmas baking months. Let's get the party started early!
So this basically combines two of the things I love most in this world: Nutella and Oreos. And brownies, obviously. And chocolate and...
All food items that are bad for you? Great... I don't think I am going to be transitioning into a healthy eating blog any time soon.
But let's talk brownies. I am absolutely in love with these brownies. Okay, to be more general, I am absolutely in love with this brownie recipe, which I sort of reused and imporoved. Oreos improve everything. Right? Right.
You can use regular Oreos if you don't have Golden Oreos on hand. I just like the brown and white contrast of these brownies. I think it's puuurrrty.
I would also suggest that you make multiple batches. These didn't last long at all. As with all of my holiday baking, you can go with my general rule: one batch for you, one batch for me.
Golden Oreo and Nutella Brownies
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 16 Oreo cookies, roughly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salt and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the Nutella, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Alternate between adding the flour and the butter into the Nutella mixture, and blend until fully combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the batter then pour the remaining batter over top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a couple of crumbs.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for about an hour.