Super soft and fudgy Nutella chocolate chip cookies that are easy to make, and ready in 15 minutes.
I know it has been a little quite around here for a week, but I will make it so worth the wait!! With the help of my favourite ingredient (um... Nutella! Duh!), you can have cookies ready start to finish in 15 minutes. Sounds too good to be true, right?
Wrong! It happened in my kitchen, and now I want it to happen in yours.
Let me quickly explain to you why I have been missing this past week, so you can all forgive me, and we can bond over some soft, fudgy cookies. Sounds good? Good.
Even though I knew I would undoubtedly go through baking and blogging withdrawal, I knew I needed to just GO and get away. Unplug a little before next year. Because next year is when the real work begins.
Not saying that I never really worked hard before. I have been waking up at 5-6 AM to start my day teaching, lesson planning and marking, then going to sleep well past midnight. Repeat this day after day for a year, and that was my life. Now I got a new teaching job at a new, ah-mazing school (it has a freaking pool in it!) teaching math in French, I will need to work extra hard to keep up with these students and their parents, but also to refresh my French speaking skills.
Rewarding myself with some cookies? Yes please!
But enough about me. Let's get back to these cookies!!
If you have been following my blog for some time now, you will know that when I am not spooning Nutella into my mouth by the spoonful, I am stuffing it in any baking recipe I possibly can. From banana muffins to crescent rolls to mug cakes (obvs. one of my favourite things), I seriously can't get enough!
But between you and me, these cookies are my favourite Nutella treat by FAR. Or maybe with my Nutella brownies coming in at a close second. They are so chewy and soft that they will keep you coming back for a second. Then a third. Then a forth.
Then the whole batch is gone. Good thing it is nearing the end of swimsuit season.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Nutella, sugars, egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Form 1 Tablespoon balls of dough, and place them on the baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are set and start to brown.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.