These cookie bars are so easy to make! Made with ingredients you probably have lying around your house, these make the perfect snack.
Come on. I know you need more peanut butter and chocolate recipes to add to your repertoire. My job here is to give you different ways to incorporate this combination into your baking. This combo is not a food trend: it's a lifestyle.
I didn't actually come up with this recipe myself. It was the lovely Emily from Life on Food who inspired this delicious post. Because it is the first Monday of a new month, I was assigned to make something off of Emily's blog through Secret Recipe Club and I couldn't be happier. If you look through her blog, I am sure you will find at least a dozen things you want to make immediately. For me, I have already bookmarked her Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles to make sometime this summer, not to mention her Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies (did I mention I love peanut butter and chocolate?). Obviously I have a massive sweet tooth, but there are plenty of other recipes on Emily's blog to satisfy any kind of tooth you may have.
Even though mine didn't turn out as pretty looking as the ones Emily had on her blog, they tasted amazing. I mean, how could you go wrong with the peanut butter and chocolate combo? But they were so amazing that they literally didn't last more than 24 hours.
...In a two person household... I know right? They are seriously that good. Who needs bathing suit season when you can fill your summer with cookie bars, am I right?
(I am really only half kidding.)
Cookie bars have become my new obsession, and I am currently experimenting with some other combinations at the moment.
But before anyone out there in the blogosphere tries to make them, I need to warn you. These cookie bars are dangerous. Make at your own risk. Because once you make it once, you are going to want to make them again and again.
And given the decision between skinny jeans and these cookie bars.. well. There really is only one clear winner.
**Also, if you haven't already, you still have time to enter the giveaway I am hosting to win a 10 piece Zyliss Fresh food storage container set! Open to Canada and the US**
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie Bars
What you'll need:
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminium foil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add in the sugars and the peanut butter, and mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla. Add in to the peanut butter mixture, and mix until fully incorporated. Mix in the flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, and place in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool in the pan before removing to cut into squares.
Adapted from Life on Food