Need some tried and true recipes for the new year? These are some of my favorite recipes that I made this past year.
How have your holidays been? Are you currently in a food coma? Are you spending the week with your family or your friends?
I have been eating nonstop and loving every second of it! Mostly chocolate and candy, but let's be serious. That is what Christmas is all about.
But now with 2016 just around the corner, I am thinking where has the time gone?? What have I even done this past year?
Well this post is a recap of that... in food!!
1. Jalapeno Popper Skillet Pizza: Okay, I have made this pizza soooo many times, I have definitely lost count. Ever since I first made this, I have made this pizza at least once a month and at most... well... I'm not sure. So many times, and many times more in the New Year!
2. Chia Seed Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: These are my favorite dessert to make when I want something sweet, but healthy at the same time. And they are SO good! I could eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
3. 30 Minute Creamy Vegetable Soup: This soup is so easy to make and so good!! I made this when my boyfriend was sick, and he felt so much better after having it! Even though it looks creamy and decadent, this soup is actually really healthy! You can still keep that New Years resolution of eating healthy!
4. Biscoff Swirl Brownies: Okay, so these brownies are pretty decadent but trust me!!! They are SO worth it! As a Canadian, I need to trek all the way down to the States to get the Biscoff spread, but without the Biscoff spread, it just doesn't cut it. I should have asked for some for Christmas!
5. Banana Bread Granola: This takes all the delicious flavors of banana bread and mixes them into this really easy to make granola! And your New Years resolutions won't be harmed because this granola is very healthy! I absolutely love it mixed into yogurt.
6. Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Jalapeno Soft Pretzels: My obsession with the bacon, cheddar and jalapeno combo knows no bounds!! First it is the skillet pizza and now this! Try these in the summer on the patio with a couple of beers... SO good!
7. Starbucks Pumpkin Bread: Why the heck is the Starbucks pumpkin bread seasonal?? If you are like me and crave it throughout the year, this is the recipe for you!! It is quite easy to make, and when you sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top? It makes the bread look gorgeous with such minimal effort!
8. Freezer Meatballs: I need these for my busy weekdays!! Since I have what... 4 more days left until I go back to school, I can make a HUGE batch of these meatballs, and use them throughout the weeks for dinner to save me time cooking! These meatballs cook perfectly from frozen, you could probably trick people into thinking you spent hours in the kitchen making these meatballs!
9. Apple Banana Bread: For some reason, I have never thought of mixing apples into banana bread! But when it's grated right in and cooked in the oven... ohmygawd!! So good! The smell that comes from the oven is just heavenly. And it is so deliciously moist! I will be making this again for sure in the new year!
10. Leftover Turkey Pot Pie: This is the perfect recipe to make around the holidays!!! With all of the leftover turkey that you will have in your house, this recipe will be a lifesaver! I make mine with premade pie crusts, but feel free to make your own! That is, if you aren't tired from all the holiday cooking you had to do in the first place.
PHEW!! And this will be my last post in 2015! Hope everyone has a great holiday, and a happy new year!!
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: