These brown sugar crinkle cookies are quick and easy to make! Ready in under 30 minutes, these cookies make wonderful gifts!
Holiday cookie baking season has begun!
Am I a little late in the game? Personally, I think that it is never too late to be baking cookies, but... then I might not have enough time to experiment to get the cookies just right.
And with the holidays rapidly approaching, I am trying to make up for lost time by making cookies nonstop. My kitchen will soon look like a bakery.
And then when I return home for the holidays, my Vancouver kitchen will look like a bakery. Oh what fun!
These cookies make me so happy because, even though there is still no snow in Toronto, I can have a little snowball in the form of a cookie.
These cookies are so soft and melt in your mouth, you might not want another cookie recipe this year! This recipe makes a fairly large batch, so they are perfect for sharing with a large family or a group of friends.
Brown Sugar Crinkle Cookies
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the baking soda. Add in the flour, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Roll the dough into balls, and roll the balls in the powdered sugar until fully coated. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until the cookies have spread and cracked on top. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Adapted from Bake or Break